Singapore’s MRT transit system is considered as a one of the most modern and well-designed platforms in the world. If you ever visited Singapore in your lifetime, you know that I am telling the truth. Singapore is a large tourist hub in southeast Asia. Lots of tourists come and spend few days in Singapore. Most tourists who come to Singapore uses public transport to travel to their destinations. Singapore Mrt system is ,the easiest and cheapest way from one place to another. Because of that most tourists and localists use it more than own their vehicles and taxis.
Here is the Official link of MRT : Transitlink , So you can see the latest offers from the website. So they update their website monthly and always trying keep it refresh.
Mainly Singapore’s train network divided by two categories , MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) and LRT (Light Rail Transit).
How to use Singapore MRT ?
- If you are a visitor to Singapore, you must have to get EZ link card before the travel. You can purchase it from any of the mrt stations and also from Changi airport.
- EZ link card packages for tourists are: Travel for one day: S$10 two days: S$16 and three days: S$20
- After purchasing the stored value card, you can get access to trains by tapping the card from every station entry.
- So you are running low on stored value, you can top up the card from the top-up machine located in the MRT station.
Important: Train stations are accessible to wheel chairs and families with strollers.
Special Ez-link offer, now available for tourists
The pass gives you ultimate rides for 3 day only in SGD 25. And available at selected outlets in the country. For more details visit Singapore EZ- link webpage.
Changi Airport : Terminal 2 (Departure hall) | Terminal 1 (Level 1) | Terminal 4 (Arrival hall)
- Harbourfront center
- Lucky plaza
- Bliss hotel
Main attraction cities and MRT Stations.
- Sentosa Island – HarbourFront MRT station
- Merlion park – Raffles MRT station
- Marina Bay sands – Bayfront MRT Station
- Raffles – Raffles MRT Station
- Clarky quay – Clarke Quay MRT station
- Orchard – Orchard MRT Station / Somerset MRT Station
- China town – China town MRT Station
- Little India – Little India MRT Station/ Farrer park MRT Station
- Gardens By the Bay – Bayfront MRT Station
- Bird park – Jurong MRT Station
- Changi Airport – Changi Airport MRT Station
Note : Top attractions in Singapore, And refer the article before you list down the places where you want to go.
Cost of fare varies depend on how frequent you travel per a day. There are few tourist packages available. But here is the basic breakdown of prices.
Adult for one ride : sgd 0.83- 2.08 | Senior citizens : sgd 0.55-0.88 |Students : sgd 0.38-0.39
· Go to nearby MRT Station
· Refer the MRT Map that locate inside the MRT station
· You must have to get the EZ-link card from the counter
· Tap the card and wait on the right platform
· Get in the train and look for MRT stations that’s display over the train
· And Get off correct station exit while tapping the card
Does Singapore MRT available in 24 hours?
Most of MRT lines are closed on 12am in daily. And reopen 6am in daily.
How to search MRT lines using google map?
If you don’t know what is MRT lines that you want to go, Check the google map and click the trains. Here is a sample to go to Santosa;
1.Currently I am resident near Yio Chu Kang. So I must take a bus to go Yio Chu Kang MRT.
2.RED Line – Yio Chu Kang MRT. And enter Marina south pier line.
3.Exit from Dhoby Ghaut station. Purple Line- Dhoby Ghaut MRT .
4.Take Harbour front line. Then exit from Harbour front.
5.Again take the Sentosa Express train ride to Sentosa island from Vivo city mall.
6. Exit from Imbiah Station/palwan station or Beach stations.
Read my article about , Here are my 1st travel experience – Yes it is Singapore You will get clearly idea, It will help you to plan your first tour to singapore.
agoda.com Amaya hills Ambuluwawa Ambuluwawa Sri lanka Bali Beaches booking.com Colombo beaches COVID-19 Downsouth sri lanka Galle Gallefort Garderns by the bay Hikkaduwa Hortan plains Hotel.com Indonesia kandy Kandy to do list Malaysia Malaysia tour Marina bay sands Merlion Mount breeze Mount levinia Nuwara eliya Phi phi Island phuket Phuket tour direct Seminyak Sentosa Island Sigiriya Singapore Singapore tourism Sri lanka Sri lanka tourism supertree grove Tangalle Sri lanka Thailand tourism Thailand transportation The Tint at Phuket Travel In Sri lanka tripadvisor.com Tuk Tuk Viator